The big takeaways this week:
- Please note that next week, drivers may experience short delays when traveling on West Mill as the contractor will be forming, pouring and stripping curb and gutter on a portion of Vine St./W. Mill.
- More night work: We plan to re-pave Healdsburg Avenue south of the circle as well as short portions of Mill, Vine and N. Healdsburg Ave during the week of June 25. Much of this work will be done at night to mitigate inconvenience to drivers and the general public. Parts or all of Healdsburg Ave. south of the circle may be closed during this night-time work, but we will confirm all details in the near future once we finalize the plan.
- Looking ahead: In the first two weeks of July, the contractor is tentatively scheduled to build a long median island on Healdsburg Ave. south of the circle and small “pork-chop style” medians on East and West Mill, N. Healdsburg Ave., and Vine St. We will provide more information once we confirm the schedule and details.
Now, onto the rest of the update:
Southwest Surface Improvements (S. Healdsburg Ave.)
- Place interlocking pavers – this work will continue through early next week.
- A sub-contractor is building an additional stone wall – this work is scheduled to continue through part of next week.
Week of June 25:
- A sub-contractor will install an irrigation system and topsoil.
Northwest Surface Improvements (Healdsburg Ave.)
This week: A sub-contractor is installing an irrigation system and top soil – this work will continue into next week.
East Mill St. Surface Improvements
Week of June 18: Sub-contractor to install irrigation system and top soil – this work is scheduled to continue into the week of June 25.
Southeast Surface Improvements (S. Healdsburg Ave.)
- Formed and poured bus pad
- Formed, poured, and stripped pervious/standard curb and gutter
- Formed footing and installed rebar for stone wall
Week of June 25:
- Install CMU and place stone veneer on stone wall
- Form and pour concrete paving (sidewalks)
Vine Street Improvements
- Demolished concrete, curb, gutter and sidewalk – this work was done on Monday night
- Excavated and placed structural soil for bio-retention material
- Sub-graded and rock-graded for curb and gutter
- Form, pour and strip pervious/standard curb and gutter areas
- Improve rock-grade surface for sidewalk