Here are the big takeaways from the week ending Friday, March 16:
- The railroad work is now complete and finished on time! All of the lines, tracks, ties, and other work is now laid within and outside the circle.
- The traffic pattern at the roundabout has been further refined to better guide vehicular traffic. Doing so allows Bay Cities to pave a portion of East Mill in preparation of returning to the roundabout traffic flow:
- Signage, barrels, and cones have been adjusted to show a true 4-way stop at West Mill, Vine Street, and south/north Healdsburg Avenue.
- Vehicles traveling east on West Mill and South Vine CANNOT go north on Healdsburg Avenue via the circle. Instead, traffic on West Mill must drive north on Vine and turn right (east) on Matheson to reach Healdsburg Avenue. Likewise, traffic traveling south on Vine must turn left on Matheson to reach Healdsburg Avenue.
- The weather forecast calls for rain, which may affect the schedule below.
- If the weather cooperates, we may be able to open East Mill by the end of April.
Southwest Surface Improvements
This week through week of March 26: Place and compact aggregate base rock at hardscape areas
This week: Excavated, formed, and poured grade beams
Week of March 26:
- Grade and place base rock at driveways and pedestrian approaches
- Finish excavating, forming, and pouring grade beams
- Form and pour concrete paving areas, including sidewalks, from Parish Café down to Singletree
Northwest Surface Improvements
Week of March 26:
- Place and compact aggregate base rock at hardscape areas
- Place based rock in pervious and standard curb and butter areas
- Form and pour concrete paving areas, including sidewalks, from the Chamber around to Vine
This week: H&H contractor completed this, and this week, Bay Cities performed patch paving in this area