The big takeaways this week:
- Rail installation is going very smoothly and on-schedule!
- The contractor, H&H, will start work on the second half of the railway line next week. This work will continue through the end of March. Starting next Wednesday, there will be a minor adjustment to the traffic control pattern, but the four-way stop remains in place.
- Currently, the 10-day weather forecast calls for rain. Depending on the amount of rainfall, some scheduled construction work may be delayed.
- This work is being done in two stages. Stage I occurred this week and Stage II is scheduled for the week of March 16.
o Excavate to grade
o Place geotextile fabric and ballast
o Install perforated pipe
o Install communication & signal conduits
o Install concrete panel crossings
o Install timber crossties
o Install rail
- Construct track – this stage is scheduled to be completed next week (week of March 5)
- Perform patch paving
- Begin installation of traffic control. This is currently scheduled for March 12.
Southwest Surface Improvements
- Placed and compacted aggregate base rock at hardscape areas
- Graded S. Healdsburg driveway into Parish Café/Sonoma Cider and pedestrian approaches
- Modified irrigation chases
- Form, pour and strip pervious and standard curb and gutter areas
- Excavate, form and pour grade beams. This work is scheduled to continue through March 16.
Northwest Surface Improvements
- Removed water valve and installed flange
East Mill Surface Improvements
- Finished subgrade at hardscape areas
- Install blocks for decorative stone wall. This will continue next week.
- Form, pour pervious and standard curb and gutter areas
- Pave gutter section up to railroad